Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas is coming

I know it is a bit early but there is a reason that I am showing these.
The Christmas bird is a swap from Penny in South Australia and it is already hanging on our Christmas tree.
I can't show you what I sent to Penny yet because she hasn't received it yet.
Yes you heard correctly our Christmas tree is up already.
In ten days time we are heading off on another cruise--for fourteen days--to Fiji-Noumea and Vanuato--so I have had to put the tree up now because it will be too late when we get back.
I will show you how "Annorexia" looks in all her finery in a couple of days.





And these are samples of the Christmas cards that I have made to mail out this week.
I have two different shapes for the baubles.
I used stamps to get the shapes--I stamped them onto white card stock using different coloured ink pads and then cut them out.
Next I attached them to the card using double mount tape and also added gold strips to resemble the string that they hang from.
I further embellished them with stars and greeting messages.
I think they look great.






12 comments:

Suztats said...

I think your cards look great, too! And that's a cute bird. Here's to a wonderful cruise!

Heather said...

I love that plump little Christmas bird and your bauble cards are fantastic Doreen.
Have a great cruise and enjoy yourselves.

Janet said...

I agree with you about the Christmas cards....they do look great! And that bird is just too cute. I haven't even started to think about Christmas yet.

Penny said...

The cards look great.Great photo of the bird.

Aussie Jo said...

Lovely cards Doreen, you could sell them!!

Hope you and Steven have a great trip.

Val said...

Just been catching up with your posts - love those vintage cotton reels, what a fabulous idea!
Your Christmas Cards are a bt yummy too!
Have a great Cruise - oh to be away over Christmas - magic!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Another cruise? Lucky you! That's a very festive little bird ornament and your cards are very pretty too. I'm trying my best to ignore the cards though - it CAN'T be time for them yet!!

Heather said...

Love the comment you left me Doreen - I laughed out loud. Have a great holiday.

Shane Pollard said...

Thanks for popping in, it's been nice to catch up!
You've been so creative, I love all the cards and things you've been making.
Wishing you both a wonderful cruise!
x

Karen said...

wish I was so well organised!! and I love the tassels in the previous post.

Dorothy said...

Again lovely work and I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Monica said...

The Christmas bird is cute and your cards are elegant, Doreen. Enjoy your cruise.