The main instructions were to choose up to 12 different fabrics- cut them into 12" squares--which were then cut into several different sized pieces.
We then had to put the pieces into a paper bag and shake them up- take 1 piece at a time out of the bag and place it onto a base fabric that had vliesofix ironed onto it.
Once we had placed the piece of fabric onto the base fabric we were not allowed to move it.
When I had all the pieces on the fabric (some were overlapped) I covered the whole piece with a layer of fine black tulle and stitched it down with a wavy line in gold thread.
These are the fabrics that I used --mainly silks- satins and sheers.
At the Machine Embroidery group that I belong to at the Embroiderers Guild we also had a challenge this month which was to create a piece of fabric that was A3 size.
So I decided that the one piece of fabric would be suitable for both projects.
Tomorrow (Sunday) we will all take our piece of fabric to the meeting and it will be cut up into strips (depending on how many of the ladies are participating-probably 6 - 8) and each person will get a piece of all the other fabrics.
The idea then is to take all the strips and make something out of them (other fabrics can be added to help in the construction of whatever you make.)
No colour theme was chosen so it will be interesting to see what colours others have done.
I will show you my fabrics that I get and what I have done with them when I have finished.